Looking for a Facebook alternative or a place to grow a community for your blog readers? Mighty Networks may be the perfect place, it’s like your own social media network with no algorithm to deal with.
Over the years people have become increasingly annoyed with being on Facebook. I personally deactivated my personal account in 2020. I thought I was going to deactivate for a few months but it’s now been 2 years and I don’t see myself going back. I’ve seen many of my friends do the same.
This can create a problem for bloggers as many have used Facebook groups for traffic and to build communities. I currently have a blogging Facebook group and three others associated with my blogs.
I still have my Facebook pages and groups. However, with many leaving Facebook and threats of Facebook leaving the EU, it’s a good time to have alternatives. While it’s ideal to get those people to your email list since you own that, many want a community and you don’t get that with email. That’s where Mighty Networks comes in.
What is Mighty Networks?
Mighty Networks is a tool you use to create basically your own social media network. There is no algorithm to mess with and you have full control! Plus there are no ads which often makes your readers very happy.
There is a free version that is great to start out with. It allows for unlimited members, access to Mighty Networks mobile app, direct messaging, and more. It’s got all the features of a Facebook group and more. Your communities can be public or private, just like Facebook groups so you are able to choose what works best for you and your community.
Plus you can upgrade to a paid account and create courses, memberships, have live videos, groups, and so much more. The possibilities for using Mighty Network with your blog are endless.
How Bloggers Can use Mighty Networks
There are many ways you can use Mighty Networks to grow your site and build a community. I have two communities right now, one for my blog Retro Housewife Goes Green and one for my site The Stress-Free Christmas.
For both of my communities, I share blog posts to drive traffic to my sites and I share exclusive content to engage with my audience. I used my Christmas community to help promote my virtual Christmas market as well.
Someways you can use Mighty Networks include-
- As a Facebook group alternative– Simply post the same kinds of things you would on Facebook but on a community you own.
- Pitch sponsored posts- As your community grows you can pitch to brands that you will share about their products or services in your community. If it’s a good fit for your niche it could be a very valuable way for the brand to reach a new audience.
- Share affiliate links– Find products and services that work well for your niche and share them with your community. Do it in an authentic way and your community will appreciate the suggestions.
- Launch products- When you have a new product your community is a great place to launch. You can also offer them special discounts for being in the community or some sneak peeks.
- Host online courses- If you have a paid plan you can create courses in Mighty Networks to help teach your community something.
- Create a membership- If you want to offer exclusives you can create a paid membership.
- Host virtual events- I hosted my virtual Christmas market on Mighty Networks and was able to grow my community to over 2,000 people in just a few weeks.
There are so many ways you can use Mighty Networks to connect with your readers, earn more money, and gain more blog traffic. And you’ll never have to worry about a change in algorithm again.
Starting a Mighty Networks Community
Once you’ve decided you want to have a Mighty Networks community it’s time to get started. These are the first things you need to do.
- Decide what your goal is with the community.
- Decide if you want a free or paid plan based on your goals.
- Sign up for Mighty Networks.
- Follow the free Mighty Networks checklist below.
Once you’ve done all of that it’s just time to keep reminding your readers about the community and keep building it. It’s a community so you want to be replying to people and keeping the conversations going. As it grows your community will do a lot of this itself but be mindful of your goals and post things that help you reach those goals.
Mighty Networks Summary
This was a long post so if you are a skimmer here is the TL;DR of the post. You can also save this post to go back to if you get hung up on a task. Or set up a 1-on-1 coaching session with me and I can help you set up a Mighty Network site and brainstorm the best ways to use the platform.
- Mighty Networks is like your own social media network.
- There are no ads or algorithms.
- There are free and paid plans.
- You can host paid courses and memberships on Mighty Networks.
- It’s a great way to grow a community.
Have any questions? Leave them in the comments below or join the Bloggers’ Coffee Hour to connect with other bloggers.