Learn how to create Pinterest pins fast and with zero design skills to help you grow your blog faster and gain more income. It’s really easy with the new Tailwind Create tool. I was compensated to create this post, though all opinions are my own.
Pinterest accounts for about half of my traffic on my blogs, bringing me thousands of hits every single day. It’s also a source I see a lot of new bloggers ignore and that means a lot of lost traffic.
If you are hoping to make an income from your blog you need traffic. The major ad networks want you to have at least 25,000 sessions for 30-days to join, people can’t use your affiliate link if they don’t make it to your site, brands need you to have traffic to want to work with you, and anyway you want to monetize you need traffic.
Pinterest can be a bit tricky at times. The algorithm changes pretty often and they don’t always share clear answers for what they want to see. However, one thing that has always been true is Pinterest wants you to be active and adding more new content to the site.
This is even more true now as they are telling us they want fresh pins only. A fresh Pin is a new image and description, the content can be old, and Pinterest wants to see fresh Pins more often than repins. Instead of focusing on repinning old Pins, we should be creating fresh Pins that our audience will enjoy, and that’s where Tailwind Create comes in!
I hear people overwhelmed at this all of the time, especially newer bloggers that are struggling to use Pinterest as it is. If you are new to designing pins or may just don’t like the process it can be very time-consuming to create new pins all of the time. I pin about 10-15 pins for each of my blogs every day, that’s a lot of pins to create!
How to Create Pinterest Pins Faster
The good news is Tailwind makes the whole process easier. I’ve used and recommended Tailwind for pin scheduling for years but they’ve added a new feature that is amazing for anyone struggling to make enough pins.
It’s called Tailwind Create and it a design tool built into Tailwind that will help you create beautiful pins in minutes with zero design skills and no graphic design software needed.
How Does Tailwind Create Work?
To use Tailwind Create you’ll need a Tailwind account. You can get a free trial (no credit card required!) of Tailwind to make sure you love it. I think you really will and that it will help you grow your blog and income.
There will be an additional price for additional functionality of Tailwind Create but you can get started using it with just your normal Tailwind account. I’ve yet to need to pay extra using it in the way I am.
Once you have your account you’ll follow these steps.
- Go to the publisher tab.
- Click on the button that says “create pin images.”
- If you haven’t already you’ll want to add your branding details like brand colors and fonts.
- Add your blog post link to the correct box.
- Tailwind Create will automatically pull your post title and the images from the post.
- You will want to then select the images you may want to use in your pins. You can also upload new images and search stock images.
- Then click on “create images.”
- This is where the fun happens. You’ll get dozens of different pin designs to choose from. Select any you like and you can edit the pins by clicking “edit.”
- Once you are happy with your pin(s) click “select” and “review your selection.”
- If you are happy with your pins at this point just click “go schedule.”
- Then you schedule your pin like normal. It’s that easy. All of the processes in one place!
You can also save favorite designs to create your own templates to use for future pins. This can make the process even easier. I like this option because generally, I keep a pin style throughout my pins so they look pretty similar.
Does Tailwind Create Really Save Time?
I have found if I’m just making my general pin that I already have a template for it’s doesn’t save me time but this is because I’ve been using Pinterest for many years and have a system down.
If you don’t already have a pin template, you like your pins to all look different, aren’t good at graphic design, or just want to test out some different pins Tailwind Create can help you do that quickly.
It’s also important to note if you tried Tailwind Create before when it was just slowly being released, it’s much faster and easier to use now. I got access very early and at first it was quite slow. Now it works smoothly and quickly.
Using Tailwind Create to Gain More Traffic
With Pinterest, it’s good to always try new things. That means different pinning times, different descriptions, the amount of pins you pin each day, and even what style of pins you are pinning.
Pinterest is always changing and what people click on and save changes. When I was first on Pinterest square pins with no text did really well. Not long ago really long pins did well. It’s always changing and you may not notice unless you are testing new things to see what works.
This means pin design as well. Even the colors people are clicking on can change. This is my favorite way to use Tailwind Create. I occasionally will create new pins using a new style from Tailwind Create and see if it performs better than my usual pin template. I do this with both top pins and underperforming pins.
Above are a couple of pins I created for my blog The Stress-Free Christmas. One did about the same as my normal template but the other did receive more impressions. It’s not enough for me to change my template but I did get some new pins out there and I have some new ideas to test.
The pin at the top of this post was also created using Tailwind Create. You do have the option to download the pin if you are creating your first pin for a post so you can add it to the post itself.
Tailwind Create Summary
Are you a skimmer? This was a long post with a lot of information so here is the TL;DR. Don’t forget to save the post to refer to later.
- You need to be using Pinterest consistantly to gain traffic and increase your income.
- Pinterest wants fresh pins so you need to create new pin images often.
- Tailwind Create is built into Tailwind to help you create those new pin images.
- You don’t need any design knowledge to use Tailwind Create.
- Tailwind Create saves most people time but not all. Test it out to see if it works for you.
- Even if it doesn’t save you time it can help you test out new pin styles to maximize your traffic.
Don’t forget if you haven’t tried Tailwind yet you can get a free trial to test out their scheduler and Tailwind Create. I use Tailwind for all four of my blogs and it’s worth every penny.